4 Days to go….
For this last week:
· Please remember that students and parent volunteers should be at the school by 7:45 am for the Toronto Zoo trip on Monday morning. They are asked to go to their classrooms and have attendance taken then have an extra washroom break before loading the busses with their classes. Busses are leaving the school at 8:00 am SHARP and returning at approx.. 5:30 pm. Please see the attached letter that was sent home earlier in the week for details. Also, for those who inquired, we have been advised that the splash pad area at the zoo is not open Monday – Friday, so there is no need to bring towels and bathing suits.
· For those Grade 8 students/families who are normally bussers, please be aware that the bus may be up to 10 minutes early on Monday as they are the only students being picked up that day. A copy of Monday’s revised route is attached for you.
· Report cards go home this week! Please check your student’s planner and sign and return them by Thursday. Thank you.
· Play Day is a fun day for all students on Tuesday. It is a wonderful opportunity for the older students to be leaders and the younger students to have fun, fun, fun!! Please dress for the weather including sun screen if needed.
· Graduations! We look forward to celebrating both our Senior Kindergarten and Grade 8 students on Wednesday!! Please see below for details. Congratulations to everyone who is graduating—we are very proud of each and every one of you!! Also, congratulations to all the Parents/Grandparents and Guardians of the Graduates—milestones like these are a reflection of the efforts made at home and we would like to recognize those wonderful partnerships between yourselves and the staff here at St. Joseph’s. Job well done!!
· Speaking of Milestones: Please join us in wishing Ms. Marcy a fond farewell as she retires this week. All of our best wishes for happiness, good health and fun adventures as you start this next chapter in life!
Monday, June 25
· Toronto Zoo Trip for Kindergarten – Grade 7, bus departs at 8:00 am and returns at 5:30 pm
· Grade 8 busser families, please note possible early arrival at bus stops today only
· Grade 8 Report Cards go home
Tuesday, June 26
· PLAY DAY!!, morning
· Kindergarten to Grade 7 Report Cards go home
Wednesday, June 27
· Kindergarten Graduation Ceremony, 11:00??? am followed by a picnic lunch
· Grade 3/ 4 Play performance for the school and any parents who wish to attend
· Grade 8 Graduation Ceremony, 6:00 pm at St. Joseph’s Church followed by a dance
Thursday, June 28
· Last day of school!!
Friday, June 29
· PD Day – NO School
· Ms. Marcy cleans out her desk and takes the next step in life… Happy Retirement Ms. Marcy – All of our best wishes!!
· Tuesday, September 4th First Day of School for 2018-19 School Year
9 Days to go….
Things you need to
At this past week’s Closing Mass, St. Joseph’s
School recognized the many Volunteers who have helped over this past year
within our school. We say a huge “Thank
You” to everyone for your very
generous donation of time and talents!! Our school community and it’s
students are very blessed to have each and every one of you!!
Reminder of the Family BBQ this Thursday, June
21st from 4:30 – 6:30 pm. There will be hot dogs and burgers,
bouncy castles, volleyball, Emergency vehicles on display, classroom
basket raffles, sweet treats and much more. Please come join us!!
(Rain or shine)
Reminders before Monday: Please send in
any found library books and/or donations for the Basket Raffles. Please
also ensure that you have paid for the Toronto Zoo trip online.
The annual Two-Pitch Tournament is this Tuesday,
June 20th at Packham Road baseball diamonds. If you student is
participating, they will need to be dropped off by 8:55 am and picked up by
2:30 pm at the latest. Please remember to dress appropriately for the
conditions and according to normal school dress code… and SUNSCREEN!!
A friend was nice enough to pass the following
website along to me with some great discounts for families this summer.
So here you go! Attractions Ontario: https://attractionsontario.ca/coupons/
Busser Families!! Please see the attached bus information
page. As you know bus routes/pick up times may change over the summer as
students move into our catchment. Please double check bus stop times/locations
before the first day of school. The website will open mid-August.
(This page will also be posted on the school website under “Our Families”
Monday, June 18
Return ALL Library books Please!!!
Please send in any Basket donations.
Deadline for Zoo Trip Payments (extended but
ends at noonJ)
Grade 5/6 Tennis at the Stratford Tennis Club,
Parent Volunteers organizing baskets for BBQ,
2:00 pm in the Library
Tuesday, June 19
Two Pitch Tournament at Packham Road Baseball Complex,
all day—drop off by: 8:55 am/pick up by 2:15 pm
Wednesday, June 20
Two Pitch Tournament Rain Date
Thursday, June 21
Family BBQ – 4:30 – 6:30 pm RAIN or SHINE
Friday, June 22
Grade 8 Tennis at the Stratford Tennis Club,
Hot Lunch is New Orlean’s Pizza
14 Days to go….
Things you need to know:
· As many of you know, Ms. Marcy will be retiring at the end of June this year. We are pleased to welcome Mr. Dave Cassone as our new Principal in September.
· The Family BBQ is coming up on June 21st. It is a fun night to celebrate the end of classes and our amazing school community!! A group of enthusiastic Parent Council Volunteers organize this night for you. They are looking for your help: Forms went home last week requesting that you RSVP about food and volunteering. (attached). It is extremely helpful if you could send it back with approx. numbers so that food can be ordered. Also, as has been the tradition, Parent Council Organizers ask that if you are able to make a donation to the classroom baskets for the basket raffle, please send those items to the school by June 18th so the baskets can be made up and ready the night of the BBQ. Thank you!!
· Monday, June 11th is the last day for Library books to be returned to the school so that inventory can be done. Thank you!
· We invite everyone to please join us at our school’s Closing Mass on Wednesday morning at St. Joseph’s Church, 9:30 am
· Congratulations to all the students who participated in Board-wide Track and Field and City-wide Beach Volleyball events last week.
Monday, June 11
· ALL LIBRARY BOOKS SHOULD BE RETURNED PLEASE
Tuesday, June 12
· Deadline to return Food/Volunteer forms for the Family BBQ
Wednesday, June 13
· Closing Mass at St. Joseph’s Church, 9:30 am
Thursday, June 14
· Kindergarten – Grade 5/6 Trip to St. Aloysius School Play, 12:30 pm
Friday, June 15
· Grade 6/7 Tennis at the Stratford Tennis Club, 12:30 pm
· Deadline to return permission forms and pay for Toronto Zoo online
· Hot Lunch is Mr. Sub Subs
· June 18 – Grade 5/6 Tennis at Stratford Tennis Club, 12:30 pm
· June 19 – Two Pitch Tournament
· June 20 – Two Pitch Tournament Rain Date
· June 21 – Family BBQ
· June 22 – Grade 8 Tennis at Stratford Tennis Club, 12:30 pm
· June 25 – Trip to the Toronto Zoo –Kindergarten to Grade 7
· June 26 – Play day, whole school
· June 27 – Senior Kindergarten Graduation, Time TBD-around lunch, Ceremony followed by a picnic lunch
· June 27 – Grade 8 Graduation, 6:00 pm @ St. Joseph’s Church
· June 28 – Last day of school
· June 29 – PD Day, no school